Friday, November 11, 2005

Long time no post

So, it's been almost a week since I last posted, so I figured I should write something.There aren't a lot of developments really.

This week went by pretty quickly. The grad students are on strike, so I had two of my German classes cancelled and one of my Writing the Essay classes held in a Starbucks, which was sort of distracting, considering we were reading each other's essays.

I got my first paycheck yesterday for $160, but I haven't been able to deposit it yet, because I just found out this morning it was Veteran's Day, and the bank is closed. It feels so good to be able to not pinch pennies again. I'm still going to try to be pretty conservative with my spending, though, because I want to accumulate a sort of savings just in case I lose my job or need to buy something significant.

My good friend Ashley is coming to stay today through tomorrow, so I'm quite excited. David is visiting his boyfriend back home, so it'll be sort of nice, though they'd probably get along pretty well. I've spent all of this day doing some cleaning. I vacuumed and took out the trash. I also put up a few more things on my wall since I didn't feel like doing my homework.

Anyway, I'll post another update probably after Ashley is gone. Tonight, we're supposed to go uptown to visit Christina at Barnard, and, tomorrow Christina; her boyfriend, Richard; Ashley; and I are probably going to MoMA and to a club or something. Then, Sunday, I'm going to see The Light in the Piazza for the third time. Should be an exciting weekend. Of course, I should probably also be doing homework.

Well, I'll post another update soon.

No comments: