Sunday, June 17, 2007

Awaiting "Across the Universe"

After having witnessed some of the filming of Broadway and opera director Julie Taymor's upcoming movie Across the Universe last school year, I had no idea what to expect of the movie. I figured it was some low-budget thing for TV and that it wouldn't amount to much. However, the trailer for the movie, which will be released in theatres this fall, and poster have now been released, and it looks like it's shaping up to be something rather special. I love the poster design with the heart/strawberry thing going on. I even like the rendition of "Hey Jude" in the trailer, though I'm not sure how having characters named after Beatles songs is going to strike me when I see the actual movie. Anyway, it looks intriguing and rather inventive, especially considering it's essentially a filmed jukebox musical.

Check out the trailer here.

A snapshot I took of the filming of the Vietnam protest scene by Washington Square Arch, digitally altered in Adobe Photoshop.

No comments: