Monday, June 25, 2007

I Heart Threadless

Today, I got my weekly email from Threadless.com letting me know which T-shirts they'd be releasing for purchase. I've been on Threadless's email list for quite some time now, because I'm a big fan of the concept behind their T-shirts. Everyday designers submit designs for users to vote on, and the winning submissions are printed in limited quantities for purchase. Each week about six or so T-shirts are released, and once they're sold out of a certain design, there's no way to order the shirt unless enough people vote to reprint the shirt. It's T-shirt fashion at its most democratic.

Often the designs are ironic or clever. Most of them are wordless, though others are exclusively "type tees." Plus, if you send in a picture of yourself wearing one of their T-shirts, they'll give you $1.50 credit toward your next purchase. Neat, eh?

Anyway, one of today's designs caught my eye in particular, an image of a teapot releasing steam, as well as an image of a stately gentleman ("Earl Grey") sipping a cup of tea. The image is in monochromatic hues on a grey T-shirt, and it's called "Earl Grey." How nifty!

Earl Grey

Anyway, this is the fifth shirt I've bought from Threadless. My Threadless collection so far is as follows (click on each for a slightly larger view):

        

Part of what makes shopping at Threadless so horribly addictive is the fact that, if you don't act quickly, the shirt you want may soon be gone! Anyway, I recommend checking out their site. There's at least on T-shirt on there for everyone, I think.

No comments: