Friday, July 14, 2006

Defeat II, Most Beautiful Men, "Dead Man's Chest," "Strangers with Candy," gelato

So Nebraska and Tennessee courts also opposed gay marriage today. Despite the fact that those are two red states, it still kind of hurts.

In celebration of the fact that, even though we may not be able to marry, we're still able to admire the bodies of men, I carefully put together a collage of the six most beautiful men (in my humble opinion). It was inspired by my researching a few French films today that came out recently and realizing just how handsome the monsieurs can be (though only one below is actually French). Enjoy:

Besides for making collages in my free time, I also saw two movies recently. On Wednesday, I went with Richard and Christina to the Ritz Five to see Strangers with Candy. Featuring one of my favorite characters of all time, Jerri Blank, the movie was definitely good fun. Though some of the great gags didn't come off quite as well as on the show, there were enough funny moments to hold my interest. I recommend anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about check out the Comedy Central series Strangers with Candy, which aired from 1999 to 2000 and had three seasons. The movie and show are about a 46-year-old high school freshman who returns to school after 32 years as "a boozer, a user, and a loser," and "though the faces may have changed," she says in the opening credits, "the hassles are just the same." The DVDs are hilarious, and definitely worth watching! Does a pimp carry a razor? While we were downtown we also got gelato; I got pistaschio and bittersweet chocolate, mmm.

I also saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest last weekend with the gang. Verdict? Fast-paced, fun at times, full of effects, and, ultimately far too long. To top it all off, the ending leaves you hanging terribly, and, frankly, I'm just not sure I really want to pay to find out what happens next.

Speaking of horrible endings, I also saw Stuart Little at Upper Darby Summer Stage. It was certainly amusing enough, but the end left an entire auditorium of children wondering -- does Stuart get back with Margolo?! In the words of Jerri Blank, then I guess we'll never know.

No comments: