Saturday, December 16, 2006

The past week

So, this his been a fun and stressful week.

Midweek, Wednesday and Thursday, I had to write a humungous paper for my journalism class, but now I'm finally totally done with that junk.

Thursday night, I went to the opening night of The Apple Tree. I liked it a lot better the second time. Everyone was really "on" for opening night, and I sort of settled into the material in a way that I wasn't able to the first time I saw it. It was also good to see Ryan again for the first time in about a month.

Tonight (Friday), I went to see Spring Awakening for the third time. Jaron, John D. Carrion, and Malorie from the 12th floor last year were all there, so it was fun to see them. This time was my first time sitting in the mezzanine, and, though the seats up there were very, very cramped, it provided a unique perspective. I was able to notice how great the choreography by Bill T. Jones and lighting were. I also noticed a few little plot-related moments that I hadn't caught from the other perspectives from which I've seen the show (in the right orchestra, and sitting on stage left). There's also a new verse that the character of Ilse sings leading into the finale, "The Song of Purple Summer," that was pretty good. Spring Awakening is definitely my favorite current show. I think it's time to take a rest for a few weeks though. I also want to revisit Grey Gardens.

No comments: