Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Time to Leave," happenings

So, finals are over. Freedom has set over me.

This morning, I walked with Christina in Central Park. Then I hung out with Khiem, window shopping, eating at Spice, window shopping some more, eating at the bakery, visiting the Charmin Restrooms. It was quite a bit of fun. I need to make a return trip to Marc by Marc Jacobs.

Tonight I watched a depressing but wonderful movie, Time to Leave (Le Temps Qui Reste), a French movie directed by Francois Ozon about a gay photographer struck with terminal cancer and his methods of coping and subsequent death. It was one of the most beautiful movies about death I've ever seen and just a beautiful and thought-provoking movie overall. Melvil Poupaud was wonderful as Romain, the photographer, and Jeanne Moreau was also beautiful as his grandmother, Laura. I recommend the movie highly and will most definitely check out some more of Ozon's films soon.

No comments: