Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lazy days are going, going, gone

So, today was the last of my lazy days. Starting tomorrow, I have class and work most days and will have plenty of academic pursuits to keep up with: writing stories and poems, reading plays and other books, speaking in German (good God, I'm rusty!).

Today I saw Emma, which was nice. We had coffee at Bowery Poetry Club and then wandered around for a bit. While we were walking along on Lafayette Street, a crazy lady threw a milkshake (or other milky-looking drink?) directly behind her legs, splashing her with its contents. She then tried to pretend it was a mistake. It was bizarre.

I'm addicted to a new song, "Murder on the Dance Floor" (check out the awesome YouTube video) by Sophie Ellis Bextor. It's infectious! I also discovered Joanna Newsom, an up-and-coming harpist and folk singer/songwriter who's quite good. her latest album is called Ys, and it's worth checking out.

I also checked out a lot of the fashion week collections for men that are starting to come out of the woodworks: Dolce and Gabbana (bizarre), Burberry Prorsum (mostly good), Roberto Cavalli (odd), Jil Sander (simple and tasteful), Costume National (eccentric but fun), Missoni (ugh), and Versace, which was probably my favorite. I'm really into a lot of the double-breasted coats I've seen lately.

I had Thai food with Austin for dinner at this place on Avenue A near Tompkin's Square Park that's consistently good. Then I took a long walk and contemplated the busy coming days, relishing the final hours of my leisure. It's going to be a challenging semester, but I think it'll be a worthwhile one as well.

No comments: