Monday, March 20, 2006

Break, back, movies, blah.

So, spring break was last week. Home was generally fine, and it was a nice enough week. I did a lot of knitting, finished reading Without You by Anthony Rapp, visited my grandparents on my dad's side, had lunch with my grandparents on my mom's side, and more. I saw Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, which was a silly mockumentary-style movie that had its amusing moments but didn't really do much for me. I also saw Broken Flowers for the first time -- dull. A lot of my time at home was spent with my friends playing Pictionary, which was fun. Christina had her boyfriend, Richard, home for the week, and he's quite nice, so it was a generally fun time.

It's kind of hard to sum up breaks like that when I stop writing here on my blog, but that's my feeble attempt.

My dad also had a full-immersion baptism on Sunday right before I came home, which was certainly interesting. I wasn't really expected to go, but I guess I just kind of feel like supporting family members is important. If I want him to go to my super-gay wedding some day down the road, I'd better go to his important stuff.

I came back to NYC on Sunday night. It's really nice to be back here. Upper Darby certainly is fine, but NYC has an energy you can't really find anywhere else.

Today after my Brain and Behavior lab, I was feeling bored, so I went to Tower Records in Lincoln Center (which is such a great place to shop) and then saw Thank You For Smoking in the Lincoln Square area. It was a very funny movie, up there with a lot of the best movies I saw last year. It kind of reminds me of Arrested Development and The Daily Show as a movie.

Seeing movies alone makes it all the more obvious just how yucky it is not to have a boyfriend. Blah. Someone! Anyone! Calling all gays! Talk to me.

On the way home, I came up with a few lines for a poem yet to be written. I know that if I put them on here, I'll look back at them in a bit, so it seems like a good idea:

Carrying your tuba
Newspaper
Like you could blow
Louis blew
Like it was breath

Shayne Terry from my Great Poems class last semester helped compile a lot of poems from that class for a magazine volume for distribution, so that should be coming out soon. I'm really excited about that. There should be a party when the distribution of that magazine occurs (soon!).

I'm going to see Michael John LaChiusa's Bernarda Alba at Lincoln Center on Wednesday, which I'm excited about, and I'm going to buy tickets to The Threepenny Opera and The Drowsy Chaperone soon, which I'm very excited about.

Anyway...that's just about everything that's going on with my life.

No comments: