Monday, August 07, 2006

Since last I posted

So, my laptop is currently being looked at by a friend of my father's named Vince Calkins. That explains the lapse in my posting.

This past weekend was pretty fun. On Saturday I saw Wordplay with Christina and Leah, which was quite good. It definitely made completing crossword puzzles look a lot more sporty than it is. At night, I saw Beauty and the Beast at Summer Stage, which was entertaining enough if a bit boring. At least the kids in the audience really enjoyed it. There were some pretty awesome costumes and effects.

On Sunday, Christina and I went to pick blackberries at Linvilla Orchards. They were quite delicious, and it was a very interesting experience. There were so many cute little kids on the hayride over to the berry patch who seemed to have a great time. When we were done, I smashed a few of them into vanilla ice cream. We also watched Mommie Dearest, a wonderful cult film with Faye Dunaway in a magnificently over-the-top performance as movie star Joan Crawford and Diana Scarwid (who would go on to star in a role almost at Dunaway's level in the Lifetime movie Down Will Come Baby -- see an earlier post) as Christina Crawford, Joan's daughter.

Summer is just flying by. I got a message from my roommate for next year today as well, and he's not a psychopath. In fact, he seems pretty neat and even took last year off from college to write a novel. Anyway, I no longer fear for my life.

Till next time...

No comments: