Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Final hours

So, my final hours in New York are upon me. How do I feel about that? Just miserable! I love New York so much, and this year has been the perfect year, just about as great as I could imagine for a freshman year in college. I know that next year I'll be in Seventh Street and have a lot of fun as well, but I'm going to miss living in Hayden right in the middle of the campus and walking right out onto Washington Square Park. I'll also miss having Emma down the hall and rooming with David. I mean, sure, we had our differences and we both got on each other's nerves at times, but he was still a great roommate.

Anyway, today I had my last final (Brain and Behavior), which I feel at least relatively decent about. I'm so glad to be done with my finals. It was good to see Ally again as well, which reminds me that I'll be with my good friends from home again soon. I also picked up the new cast recording for the Pajama Game revival with Kelli O'Hara and Harry Connick, Jr., which is just amazing and is making my packing process so much more pleasant.

I've been packing a good deal today on top of the packing that I did a few days ago so I'd be able to study without worrying about the hassle too much. My walls are so sad, devoid of playbills and posters. Everything just feels weird. I mean most of my floor is already gone, and I hardly even got to see them leave to realize it.

On top of it all, I'm going to miss the New York theatre scene! It's just going to be an odd transition to go to a 9 to 5 desk job and live in the suburbs, but I guess I'll manage -- I lived there for 18 years after all.

Anyway, I'll get back to packing.

No comments: