Thursday, May 11, 2006

Home.

Well, I'm home now. It's still sort of jarring to be back in my old house in my old neighborhood and to not have a New York address to return to. I miss the park and the people and being able to hit the streets whenever I want. There was a little tension surrounding move-out day, but it went pretty smoothly overall.

The night before I left was so weird. I helped David move uptown with his stuff on Tuesday and got to see his apartment uptown where he'll be living with Sam from next door (She technically owns the apartment -- or, rather, her parents). I guess it didn't hit me till then that things would have to change. I'll miss him; he was a great roommate and helped me out a lot with adjusting to college. It was odd to be all alone in our room the last night.

I still haven't seen my friends yet, so I'm sure my mood will improve when they're all around.

I cleared off my desk in my room, which is usually too messy to navigate around, and it's now home to my laptop. I also went to Radio Shack today to get a really long ethernet cable, so now my computer is hooked up internet, something I've wanted for a really long time (either that or wireless, but apparently wireless isn't good for my dad's work).

Putting up some of my Broadway stuff on my walls has cheered me up a little, but it's bittersweet since I can't see any of them. Having Bernie (a.k.a. Bernadette Peters) up next to my knickknacks does bring back chills to my spine though ("Rose's Turn").

Anyway, the adjustment will take a while, but I'm sure I'll deal. I start work on Monday at 8 A.M.

No comments: