Saturday, February 11, 2006

Central Park, Ashley's birthday

So, today I woke up around 1. I had been thinking about working from 1:30 to 5 today, but I decided that would be a bit much considering I just worked last night. Instead, I figure I'll work Sunday night (in addition to working Monday through Wednesday).

I got brunch (banana pancakes) and then decided to go to Central Park for a walk. It was just beginning to flurry as I go to the park, so that made for a really nice stroll. Whenever I go to Central Park, I always make a stop at Bethesda fountain, and, despite the fact that the park was unusually empty today and the fountain was lacking in some of its usual splendor (the water bordering the fountain's plaza was frozen, so the ducks were only visible in the distance), it was still nice to sit for a bit.

A big section of the Southern part of the park was under construction, and, reading the signs posted, it seems as if they're going to recreate a section of the park from the 19th Century featuring baseball diamonds.

I saw my favorite Bethesda ducks again as I walked around through the ramble, and I stopped to take a few pictures. Despite how odd this probably sounds, I really want to read something about ducks so I can go and watch them and have some understanding of what's going on. I find them quite fascinating and beautiful creatures.

Anyway, that's what most of my day consisted of. After walking in the park, I walked down Central Park East and then took the subway home.

Today is also Ashley's 19th birthday, so she should be congratulated on that! She's pictured at left at Boulder Field in Hickory Run State Park, where our group of friends had our (first annual?) camping trip this past summer. Unfortunately, she didn't come to New York to celebrate, but that's okay!

No comments: