Thursday, February 02, 2006

Anthony Rapp is coming!

So, yesterday was a relatively normal day; the most interesting thing that happened is that I found out that Anthony Rapp is coming to Hayden. That's right. Not only is one of the stars of Rent coming to New York, not only is he coming to NYU, he's coming to my dorm building! Oh, the luck. It seems like all of my favorite gays are appearing for signings -- first Sondheim and now Anthony Rapp.

I just finished my latest scarf. This one is green and blue, and it looks pretty good considering it's my second one. I put a lot of effort into it and even redid a lot of rows that didn't turn out well, which can be tricky considering you have to reset the needles in certain ways to go about fixing them. Tonight is the Rainbow Knitting Circle here at NYU, so we'll see how that goes. I'm supposed to get free yarn and needles, so I'll probably be starting my next project tonight. I'm really hoping the color(s) are to my liking so it's not just like I'm starting something new to keep myself occupied at the circle.

Anyway, I'll keep posting updates. This weekend should be relatively quiet. I'm not able to spend too much money until my next paycheck rolls along, so I'll probably do a lot of walking around and reading and sleeping. I'm probably also working tomorrow night so I can make sure I get my much-needed $50 bonus this month.

The following is a quote from the Bloomberg.com article on the Sweeney signing. I thought it was really cool that I actually witnessed this following quote first hand. The woman involved was the person directly behind me:

"I wrote you a thank-you note,'' she said as she handed the envelope to Sondheim. "It's really short.'' "It's a summons actually,'' the lyricist and composer said, while putting it in his pocket. "Very cleverly done.''

No comments: