Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Poetry reading, latest scarf

So, on Sunday, I went back to Purl, my favorite knitting store, and got some extremely pretty yarn. Two days later, I have a completed scarf. The fact that I used thin yarn and medium-sized needles made the scarf really cool and open-looking.

Also on Sunday, I went to a poetry reading by David Lehman (my poetry teacher last semester) and Jim Cummins (both featured below, DL at foreground). Their book of sestinas, Jim and Dave Defeat the Masked Man is quite good. It even got an "A-" in Entertainment Weekly, which usually has pretty tough critics.

The reading was held at the Bowery Poetry Club, which had a really interesting feel. I particularly liked the mural (seen at right) that was still being completed to the left of the stage for the poets.








The following are pictures of my latest knitting project:

Left: All of my scarves to date. You can tell that the one on the far left is quite choppy on the edges. I'm quite happy with the green and blue one. Of course, my favorite is the latest one, on the far right.



Top: Me wearing my latest scarf.

Left: Detail of the stitching.

No comments: