Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow!

Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh, these lyrics from White Christmas just about sum up my love of snow that has been reignited upon walking through Washington Square Park today and seeing everyone delighting in the wintry weather. Despite the fact that it's a bit annoying getting around in the snow, it's still quite lovely. Pictures follow:






The walkway directly across from my dorm.














The bust of Holley, whose ears must be quite cold in this terrible weather who seems to also have a nice snow moustache.

















Washington Arch















5th Avenue in the snow. Missing: cars.
















An adventurous woman treks through the park on skis.

No comments: