Saturday, January 21, 2006

"Against Gravity," crochet?

So, last night I went to a book signing for the novel Against Gravity by Farnoosh Moshiri, an Iranian author who immigrated to the United States. She had a lot of really interesting things to say, and read some really beautiful passages from the book. I can't wait to read it now, but I'll have to wait until I have a break from school books.

After I got back, I hung around my room. David and Emma were knitting/crocheting, so I watched them and obssessively helped untangle some yarn. Emma taught me how to crochet a little bit, and I'm thinking of going today to get a hook and some yarn and take a stab at making a scarf or something. We also listened to some interesting music, and, once Emma left, David put on "A Single Man" by Elton, which I love.

No comments: