Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A series of uninteresting events

So my Sunday and Monday were pretty boring. Yesterday, well Sunday since it's now technically Tuesday, I knitted for most of the day and didn't really do much else of interest. Today (Monday), I had a lab at 9 that didn't last very long. Tuesday is a busy day for me, so I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'll probably call in to work and reschedule Tuesday's shift for Wednesday, because David is probably staying over at his friend's dorm.

Essentially the only interesting thing (at least in my homopinion) is that The Color Purple cast recording gets released today (Tuesday). So far, I've only been able to find the 30 second clips on BN.com, but I'm buying the CD as soon as my second class is over tomorrow. I'm quite excited to finally have the music available to me on my iPod whenever I want. It was probably a mistake to see the show before the CD came out, because, of course, it created a long week of difficult anticipation.

So far my homework has been pretty all right. I had to read two plays (Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett and Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco) for Eurotics (European Drama), and both of them were at least interesting. I think I'm going to have a hard time grasping absurdism very comprehensibly. I'm looking forward to what she has to say about the historical context of the plays. I think that probably has some effect on my understanding of what's going on and probably helped the early audiences for the play to fully appreciate the works.

For World Cultures, I had to read a Vietnamese book-length poem called The Tale of Kieu, which was surprisingly good. I was expecting it to be harder to grasp and more obscure, but it ended up being pretty much a spiritual fairy tale/adventure tale.

It's only Tuesday, and I already can't wait for the weekend! Oy.

No comments: