Friday, January 20, 2006

Good Morning America!

So, yesterday was a hectic day. I had four classes and work at night. Work went pretty well. I got three pledges totalling $485. When I'm doing well in regards to pledges, I don't mind my job so much, because there's less pressure on me.

Anyway, I went to bed this morning at 1 and woke up at 5 to go to Good Morning America. I put in for a reservation online and received a confirmation a few weeks ago. Anyway, I left my dorm by about 5:40 and stood in line at the 44th Street studio from about 5:50 to 7:05 in the cold. After being let into the studio, we the audience essentially sat around for most of the show until they did the little weather segments where we're being excited in the background.

The main guest today was Emeril, so they did the cooking segment down in the studio where we the audience were. Most of the show is broadcast upstairs in the studio overlooking Times Square. Diane Sawyer, Charlie Gibson, and the rest of the people came around and greeted everyone. They were some of the friendliest "celebrities" I've ever seen. After the cooking segment, the came around and gave some of the audience food (I didn't get any, but it was still a nice gesture). He made apple chutney, a special egg dish, and sausage.

Afterwards, Diane had to leave (though she was very sweet about it, as if she wished she could stay and meet and greet), but Charlie stayed and signed autographs and took pictures. I got a picture with him (top of this post). As an aspiring journalist myself (though probably not in the broadcast journalism world), it was nice to see such friendly anchors.

Diane also looked stunning in a green and yellow striped sweater and sleak pencil skirt, complemented beautifully by a pair of impressive 3-inch green heels:

Today, I have a lot of reading to do, but at least I got up bright and early so I have time to accomplish what I have to.

I've got to read The Tale of Kieu for World Cultures for Tuesday, as well as Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett and Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco.

Hopefully, I'll still have enough time to rest up so I'm not quite so stressed out next week.

No comments: