Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First day of class

So, today was the first day of classes. I had my two theatre classes today, Musical Theatre and Great Playwrights: August Wilson, so I wasn't really too nervous. Both of them seem great, with enthusiastic teachers and very interesting subject matter. One of my textbooks for Musical Theatre class is actually called Our Musicals, Ourselves, which sounds like just about the cheesiest title for a book ever.

After class, I took advantage of the fact that it was only 1:45 and walked around aimlessly for several hours (mostly in drizzling rain). I went to H&M, Bloomingdale's (downtown), Marc Jacobs, and Marc by Marc Jacobs, but my goal was really just to look at clothes, not to buy, and I didn't get anything. At Bloomingdale's, though, I did see my very first Viktor & Rolf clothes in person. Their clothes are so absolutely gorgeous, but they're also a lot more expensive than I had expected. I'm currently obsessed with both Marc Jacobs and Viktor & Rolf, because they both have such accessible and neatly put-together clothes. I really can't wait until V&R's line for H&M comes out in November. Marc by Marc Jacobs is a nice line, because the clothes are a bit more expensive than most, but they're not altogether unaffordable if one wanted a few splurge pieces. I think I'm going to have to camp out or something in order to snag some of the clothes. Perhaps the rush will be slightly less cutthroat for men than for women.

Anyway, I blather on. Tomorrow is the second day of class, featuring Foundations of Journalism and Natural Science I: Einstein's Universe.

Antidote, the new fragrance for men by Viktor and Rolf: I'm so astounded by this cologne from the sample card I got at Saks. The ad campaign and the signature song "Ode to Antidote" by Rufus Wainwright only contribute to my pining.

No comments: