Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Marc Jacobs Day

So, today was long. I had two classes (Musical Theatre and August Wilson) and then worked for three hours.

Afterwards, however, I went with my roommate Austin to a really neat consignment store a block away on E. 7th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues called Tokio 7. I was lured there by the possibility of a Marc Jacobs leather jacket for $175 and ended up with a different Marc Jacobs corduroy coat and a Marc Jacobs cashmere sweater. Anyway, I've never been so enamored by clothes than I have been this year, between finding Ina Men and Tokio 7. Plus, my love for Marc Jacobs is neverending. Yes, oftentimes I pick out a piece based on the fact that it's Marc Jacobs, but other times, something will catch my eye, and sure enough my pal MJ is on the label.

Anyway, today was also his runway show at Olympus Fashion Week, which has been going on in New York. He's the only designer cool enough to decide that, as a response to the critics calling his last collection dour, he would create a runway replicating a sunny outdoors scene featuring throat lozenges as faux water:


(click on the picture for a larger image)


After shopping briefly, I went hung out at Jon's room with Cara, Christian, Simon, Clover, Remy Kurs, and assorted others. It was quite fun. I'm really glad I've been so social lately. I'm hoping tomorrow's Project Runway will be good and I'm also excited for Friday, when some of us are going shopping and then Cara is making dinner for us. Yay!

No comments: