Friday, September 01, 2006

Internship, MoMA

So, today was a fun one. I walked around a bit in the morning before heading to midtown in the afternoon for Target Free Night at the Museum of Modern Art, which was fun. I saw Starry Night by Van Gogh as well as some neat Cezanne, Klimt, Warhol, and Dali paintings. I almost bought a big reproduction of Icarus by Matisse for my wall, but I refrained at least for now. My wall is looking very bare, and I'm definitely going to have to fix that soon.

I was also thinking this morning about the fact that it's been two weeks and one day since my interview with Roundabout Theatre Company and that I should probably have heard from them by today. I was getting ready to call them just to follow up and see what the deal was when I got a call from Frank, whom I interviewed with, on my way to lunch saying I had the position. Yay! It should be great. I don't know how much I'm being paid yet, but I'll be working only about 14 hours a week, always before 6PM, which leaves my nights free for homework, theatre, and other outings. I also have no work on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm working in the finance department, which isn't exactly my expertise, but I've done similar work at my last job, where I had to deal with some of the incoming invoices. I think it's mostly clerical, but I'm just very excited to be working anywhere that's associated with Broadway theatre. Even the offices I'm working in are amazing looking.

Anyway, I'm just elated today! It doesn't even matter that I tried the lottery for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee today for the third time and lost.

No comments: