Friday, September 22, 2006

Seven more guitars, a long day.

So, today was a long day.

I had class at 8 AM, 9:30, and 11 followed by work from 2-6 and Seven Guitars from 8-11 with my August Wilson class. The show was good for a second time, but I was really tired and having a hard time giving the play my absolute fullest attention.

After work and before the show, I discovered a new bookstore that I should've known about before, The Drama Book Shop on W. 40th Street a block away from the Roundabout's office on W. 39th. They have almost ever playscript imaginable, so I got The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh, The Sisters Rosensweig by Wendy Wasserstein, and Suddenly Last Summer by Tennessee Williams, which is the second play of the Roundabout's season. I was slightly shocked to learn that the plot of the play is a woman plotting for the lobotomy of her dead son's girlfriend.

While I was at the bookstore, ironically enough, a woman was asking for Bent, so I took the opportunity to shill for the play and tell her how good it is.

Also, unrelatedly, I went shopping briefly yesterday and got a new hat at a cool hat store on my block called Village Scandal, a new pair of plain black chucks from Classickicks, and a pair of Marc Jacobs red corduroy pants (a steal for $20) at Ina Men. I wore all of the new items with my cashmere sweater and got tons of compliments today, which made me feel really good about myself.

I also got my ticket for Mary Poppins on Wednesday, November 1 at 8 PM.

Wow, this has been quite the random post. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say next time I write.

No comments: