Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Busy day

Well, today was a busy day. Besides for having classes, I went to the registrar to get a health coverage paper signed and went uptown to buy some Broadway tickets. I got fourth row tickets for this Saturday to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore with Emma. It's a black comedy that's supposed to be one of the best plays of the season. I also got a second row seat for The History Boys next Saturday, so yay!

I had work tonight, which went fine. We changed our system over to a web-based program, so sometimes it takes longer for things to load than it used to.

After work, I went to Virgin Megastore and picked up the brand new South Pacific CD recorded live at Carnegie Hall with Reba McEntire, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and Alec Baldwin. I didn't have a South Pacific CD previously, despite the fact that I love the movie and the music, so I had been anticipating this CD. I really liked Reba when I saw her in Annie Get Your Gun some time back, but I find her kind of trying on this CD. Granted, I understand that she has a Southern twang, but it seems like she's particularly playing it up with weird vocal quirks that just bug me. As for Brian Stokes Mitchell, can he do no wrong? Overall, I'm glad to have a recording of South Pacific at all.

That was pretty much all I did today.

No comments: