Thursday, April 27, 2006

Job

So, it's late and I'm taking a break from studying for my very early final on Thursday. I found this fun little thing on some random person's xanga that I figured I'd try out. Of course, Blogger blogs like these are so much less encouraging of comments, but it just seemed like a nice diversion.

Step 1: Put your media player on random.
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: strike out the ones people have guessed already. (I probably won't do this.)

1. "When you lose your light in the naked night, I'll be here. I'll be here."
2. "Pretty little thing, silly little nit, had her chance for the moon on a string."
3. "Each morning I get up I die a little."
4. "Lovely, bright home, we're drinking all night, never sleeping."
5. "Ain't got no mother, ain't go no culture, ain't got no friends, ain't got no schooling."
6. "Water make the flower bloom; you learn to rearrange."
7. "Here come the memories; lost in your arms down in the foreign field."
8. "A girl I saw in a valley, a girl I hardly knew, a girl that worked in a garden grew to love me."
9. "Without a song or a dance what are we?"
10. "My little baby sister can do it with ease. It's easier than learning your ABC's."
11. "You know how us Catholic girls can be."
12. "Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes."
13. "He cooks revolting foreign things. Cooks? Can you imagine it, plates of stuff with parsley on top."
14. "No, had none to get, but they purloined my coat."
15. "Running the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies. Break the silence, damn the dark, damn the lies."
16. "Time it was, oh what a time it was."
17. "In Cairo you find bizarre bazaar. In London, pip-pip you sip tea."
18. "I warn you that I'm no boy scout. So don't think that I'm easy pickins"
19. "Go on, go on, go on, go on, you know my mama'd never let me till I turn sixteen."
20. "Poor baby, all alone, evening after evening by the telephone."
21. "If the nightingales could sing like you, they'd think much sweeter than they do."
22. "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes."
23. "I would crawl belly-deep through Hell."
24. "Milk, blood, we all God's children. And who're we to say what this life's about?"
25. "I'm buried alive, I hang by a thread, and people pay money to see if I'm dead. Like Mama once said --"

In other more important news, I found out from my mom today that I have a job again this summer at her place of work, The American College. I'm going to have a clerical job working with the maitenance staff, so it should be a relatively nice job overall. I'll be working full time for $10/hr., which is definitely the best pay I've ever gotten from any job I've had thus far. I feel much better knowing I have somewhere to work this summer.

No comments: