Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sickness continues

So, I'm still sick. After my two classes today, I had a meeting with my advisor, which went fine. I'm going to go declare my Dramatic Literature major soon so I can take some more of those classes. I really wanted to take a really limited course on August Wilson next year, but it turns out it conflicts with my German class -- blah. One cool thing is that there's apparently a Musical Theatre lecture course now, so I'm definitely going to be taking that next semester. We also talked a little about studying abroad, which I definitely want to do. The program for Berlin sounded kind of weird, so it makes me want to consider London even more, but she also said that London is a bit more expensive somehow because of the exchange rate, which doesn't seem to make much sense to me, considering the tuition is supposed to roll over, but she wasn't very clear about it.

Anyway, I also went back to work today with the help of some Ricola cough drops, which I love (lemon mint -- very good!). The shift was shorter today, because the parent records were somehow messed up, so we ended up going home around 8.

The Bedford Diaries was on the WB tonight, which is a new show set at a fictional college called Bedford (it's shot at Barnard, where Christina goes to school). It's a pretty good show, and it has Audra McDonald, who's a really amazing Broadway performer. It's about a class exploring sex at the college and the various repercussions of the class on the university's faculty and students.

I'm going home this weekend, which I'm only half looking forward to. On one hand, I don't ever really dislike going home. It's always pretty pleasant -- it's just that it's so close to summer now that I feel like I should be making the most of my time in New York, and I didn't really think about that when I agreed to come home. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine and dandy. I do really want to see my grandparents again.

As far as theatre goes, I'm considering seeing some more plays before going home for the summer, so I'm not totally clueless as far as plays go at the Tonys. I'm considering Well, The Lieutenant of Inishmore, The History Boys, Three Days of Rain, and Tarzan (a musical, obviously). History Boys looks like it's going to make a big splash here, so I'd really like to see what the fuss is about. All of those shows have really great deals on student rush tickets too except for Three Days of Rain, for which I'd try doing standing room for. Anyway, how many of these shows I see really depends on my schedule and budget. There's a chance I may get a little money for Easter too, though I probably ought to save a little something for the beginning of summer before I get a job.

Anyway, I'm beginning to rant, so I should probably go.

No comments: