Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ahh, the relief.

Oh what a relaxing day today was. Well, for the most part. I woke up about an hour before my classes started to study for my German quiz and memorize "So We'll Go No More A-Roving" by Byron for my Great Poems class.

My classes went pretty well. The quiz was pretty difficult, but I suppose I survived it. I didn't get chosen to recite the poem, and I barely said a word in Great Poems. Now, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy that class, but I really don't feel that I'm very good at discussing poems. I'm excited though, because next week we have to read things from Leaves of Grass, by Whitman, and I like that. Today marked the end of the process of writing my essay for Writing the Essay, and it was a relief to turn in the final draft.

After classes were over, I felt almost like I had nothing to do. No homework, no other plans. I met up with Ally after class, as she had apparently been stalking me, and we had a snack. I walked her home and then had dinner with my floor (bacon double cheeseburger...mmm).

After that, I did laundry for a long time and talked online. I walked with David to Space Market and then to Morton Williams. Then I walked him to the bus stop, because he was going to visit a friend at Water Street, which means I get the room to myself tonight.

I'm going home this weekend, and I'm quite excited. I miss my parents, and it will be nice to see the familiar places once again. There will be a new couch and a new family car awaiting me, so things should be exciting.

I think I'm going to look for a job on Friday before I go home. I really need an income so I can continue to indulge myself with Broadway outings. And also so I can save up some money and possibly contribute to my tuition and the payment of my loans. Ah, I'm becoming such an adult.

Anyway, I have two classes tomorrow: German and QR, with a nice break in between. I dread lecture, but I'll probably bring something to keep myself occupied as I wait for some sort of revelatory statement that brings me back into the lesson.

I enjoy the 12th Floor. People are so friendly. We're going to kick ass in Floor Wars. (Y'all some bitches, other floors).

Have I said yet how excited I am to see Sweeney Todd next Thursday? I haven't been this excited for a show since Wicked, and the material of that show is so far inferior to Sweeney that it makes me even more excited. Good grief! I've decided that I absolutely love Michael Cerveris (who plays Sweeney), so I hope he does the role justice. I like him on the Assassins CD and in the Passion concert and on the Tommy CD. I can't wait for the new Sweeney CD (released by Nonesuch, which does such a pretty job with its cast recordings).

Oh my. It's nice that I have some time to be preoccupied with musicals rather than school work.

No comments: