Monday, October 24, 2005

Training, upcoming stuff

Well, today was all right. I woke up around 12:30 and had my first class at 3:30, Writing the Essay. It was a slightly better class today than usual, because we were asked to come up with less random crap off the top of our heads than usual. After class, I had only a little bit of time at Hayden before I had to go to my training session for the NYU Phonathon. I had a quick dinner of stuffed shells and buttered noodles before walking to 7 E. 12th St. for training.

Overall, training wasn't bad. The company I technically work for is called RuffaloCODY. It's a group that sets up fundraising efforts at various universities. So my job is to call alumni asking for money and to hold friendly conversations with them. It seems relatively tricky considering my conversation skills are subpar, but perhaps I'll gain some skill in that department along the way.

I have a sort of a get-together lined up this weekend with Len, who I mentioned before (I met him at 2 AM in Washington Square Park with his friend). I think we're getting food, which is always a nice thing to get.

Want to know my plans for the near future? It's mind-boggling!

Tuesday: 2 classes, Phonathon training, studying for Great Poems midterm
Wednesday: 3 classes including Great Poems midterm, Phonathon training
Thursday: Phonathon first day of real work
Friday: Free...Len? Buying Halloween costume?
Saturday: Sweeney Todd at 2PM
Sunday: Seeing Susan Watts at the Kimmel Center (my drum teacher's daughter)
Monday: Halloween
Tuesday: Rufus Wainwright in Concert

Okay...can I say how much I love the "Caroline, or Change" Original Broadway Cast Album? Um, I don't know if I can express it accurately in words. The beauty of Tony Kushner and Jeanine Tesori's musical is just astounding. It has such a beautiful language that captures its characters so well. The recitative and songs perfectly serve their characters. It feels so natural and easy. Sigh.

No comments: