Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Yesterday and today

Yesterday was a pretty nice day. That morning, I went to bed at 5, so I woke up in the early afternoon and had a late lunch. I went to my one class of the day and did some homework for today. Then, I went with Emma from my floor to a free screening of Shopgirl with Steve Martin, Claire Danes, and Jason Schwartzman. It was a very, very odd movie about a woman who has an affair with an older man after dating a guy who's not so good at romance and how these two different types of love compare in the end. The voiceovers were terrible, and a lot of the movie was sort of odd, but there were also good parts. All of the parts with Jason Schwartzman were really good. I don't think I'd recommend someone see it for the full New York City price of $10.75, but maybe if you can get a discount it's worth it. I'd wait to rent it on DVD if I had to pay to see it.

Okay, so have I said yet how much I'm in love with this bottled iced tea called Teany? It's bottled by the restaurant that Moby started a little bit furher downtown. So far I've had green tea with ginseng and white tea with pomegranate, but I've picked up a few more varieties to try. I really want to go try out the restaurant. Apparently, it's a vegan/vegetarian restaurant that makes those types of food appealing. The menu sounded good to me even though I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan.

Today, I got up bright and early around 8:45 and went to my 9:30 QR lab and my 11 o'clock German II class, both of which were fine. Then, I got a lot of my Writing the Essay homework done. I have a lecture at 3:30 to go to as well. That makes tonight's homework much more bearable. I only have to do my poetry homework, which is slightly lighter than usual, studying for my German midterm tomorrow, and the final few pieces of my Writing the Essay homework. I'm hoping to go to bed relatively early again tonight so I can get up early and be productive. Perhaps I ought to go for morning walks or something. Maybe that would help me be more productive and energized overall. I really need to change my sleep habits. I realized today that it was the first day in five that I've gotten up before noon. That's pretty pathetic.

No comments: