Sunday, October 02, 2005

"The Light in the Piazza" and Central Park

Well, today, I journeyed uptown. I had originally set out to visit a museum, but I took the wrong subway and ended up on 5th Avenue and 53rd Street near MoMA. Once I was there, I decided I really wansn't in much of a museum mood. I decided to walk around the theatre district when I happened by Dirty Rotten Scoundrels just a few moments before the lottery was going to be drawn. I stuck my name in, figuring that, if I lucked out, I would buy the ticket, and, if I didn't, so be it. I lost the lottery and then walked around some more until I happened upon Spelling Bee. Now, I had thought this show didn't have performances on Sunday, but there was a lottery bucket out and it was near the drawing time, so I tried that one too and lost. Anyway, by this time my "If I lose, I lose" attitude had worn out, so I went up to Lincoln Center and got a rush ticket to The Light in the Piazza, which, I believe, is artistically my favorite musical on Broadway. I can't help but be swept up by the rich melodies and the warm hues of the costumes and scenery. Plus, Kelli O'Hara and Victoria Clark are amazing as Clara and Margaret Johnson.

After the show, I took a walk through Central Park, as there was still a good deal of daylight. I lingered longer in Strawberry Fields than I did last time. The whole time I walked through the park, I had my John Lennon music on. It's so sad to walk through the area with the "Imagine" mosaic. I love how, every day, there are decorations on the mosaic to celebrate John Lennon. Today, there were rosebuds, sunflowers, and autumnal vegetables (small pumpkin, apples). I also went to the Great Lawn, Turtle Pond, Belvedere Castle, and Bethesda Fountain.

I'm so tired right now. I have to tweak my essay for Writing the Essay, because the second draft of that is due tomorrow. I'm very hungry, so I guess I'll go eat now.

No comments: