Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's raining "Sweeney"

For the first month of school, the weather was so beautiful here in New York City. The weather was so nice that you could wander around leisurely in the afternoon aimlessly, which I like to do. Today, it's raining, and the most interesting thing I could come up with to do was my laundry.

Tonight, however, is Sweeney Todd on Broadway. Okay...have I said yet how excited I am about this freaking show? I couldn't be more excited. Wow...I just absolutely can't wait to behold the awesomeness that is Sweeney. The interesting thing about this production is that it's a very scaled-down production, with every member of the small cast playing an instrument in addition to their singing and acting duties. Apparently there is also a new framing device in the show to add a new concept to the story. I'm really hoping it doesn't just muddle up the story and that it actually adds something to developing the themes of the work.

Oh, I got two free passes for Monday night to see the new Steve Martin movie Shopgirl. Yay! I'm going to take Ally.

Tomorrow, I'm probably going to Queens with Ally so she can buy some weird geeky anime CD. Also during this weekend, I have to either cross the Brooklyn Bridge by foot or take the Staten Island Ferry as part of my Great Poems class. I have to write a poem about it as well. I should also probably be productive and get some of my homework done before the night before class.

I want a boy. Ah, well.

No comments: