Friday, October 21, 2005

Midterm, new teacher, going home...again

Well, today was a pretty tiring day, but I'm not really sure why.

I got up around 10 to go to my German class. My first teacher, Antje Pfannkuchen, had to leave us to have her baby next month, so we have a new teacher who's pretty nice. She's funnier than Antje and seems to be very open to helping us learn; both of them are pretty nice. German seems like a friendly department.

Between classes, I looked over my QR things for my midterm. I must admit, though the class is insanely easy, I had a bit of trouble with some of the last problems on the homework, but Christina helped me at the beginning of class, which made it easier to grasp. The midterm ended up not being bad at all. I had expected it to be slightly worse.

After this, I dropped off my QR homework and my Writing the Essay portfolio (my teacher forgot to make a photocopy of it before returning it).

On my walk home, I passed the set for a new NBC drama ,"The Black Donnellys," on MacDougal Street, which was kind of neat.

After going online for a short time in the dorm, I fell asleep for about a half hour and then went to dinner with Ally, which was fun as always.

The rest of my evening was filled with laundry. And David, Sutton, and Elisabeth in my room.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going home for the second time. I'm slightly less excited this time, particularly since I have to practice for and take my driving test. If I pass the test, the weekend will have been a success; however, if I fail, I will feel miserable, being as it's the main reason I'm going home, and I probably won't have another chance to attempt the test before my permit expires.

On Saturday night, I think I'm going to go out with Ally, Dave, and Steve, as Steve and Ally are coming home this weekend as well. It will be just like the old times in the Spring when, having nothing much else to do, we'd pass the time in a restaurant making sex jokes and acting generally insanely. I can't wait.

I have to devise my Halloween costume soon.

No comments: