Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Jobs, iPods, and "Sweeney," oh my!

Okay...so, today was so long.

I woke up around 10; the fire drill went off at 10:30. I had class at 11, so I went right to class. This is the second day in a row that there has been a fire drill a half hour before I have class in the morning. Will it end? Let's not make it a three-day streak. It was a long day full of classes from 11 - 4:45. I'm so absolutely dumbfounded as to what is being discussed in Writing the Essay...genocide...different perspectives...handicapped people...wha??!!

I really want a job. So far, I've gotten no reply from TheaterMania.com, where I applied first. I haven't applied anywhere else yet.

In conjunction with really wanting a job, once I get one, I think I really need to treat myself to one of the new video-equipped iPods that will play Desperate Housewives on its screen. Oh my...that has to be the best invention...ever. Considering I probably won't be getting a new iPod in the near future (I mean, after all, my current one is less than a year old, and there are bound to be incredible innovations in iPods before this one breaks), I'll probably buy Desperate Housewives Season 1 on DVD as my first gift to myself when I have a job. And a lot of theatre tickets.

Tomorrow night, I'm going to see Sweeney Todd on Broadway with Patti LuPone and Michael Cerveris. This is probably the most excited I've been for a show in a long, long time. It's my favorite show (well, one of them) with some of my favorite performers and an interesting new concept. I'll weigh in as to how it was tomorrow night when I get back or in the following few days. I'm hoping it's astounding, because I'm going to see it again in another few weeks.

No comments: