Monday, October 10, 2005

Going Home and Back Again

Well, after the beginning of the subway threats on Thursday, I got a little bit nervous about going home this weekend, but I did it anyway. I took a cab to Penn Station to begin the tortuous four-hour journey to Drexel Hill, which consists of cab or New York subway, New Jersey Transit train to Trenton, Septa train to Philadelphia, el (subway) to 69th St., trolley to Drexel Hill.

Home was very weird. First of all, my living room was very barren; much of my stuff was stored away, and there was a big gaping hole where my couch used to be, as my grandfather and uncle delivered their old couch to us on Saturday, which is a big improvement from the old couch -- it actually has two seats that recline.

We went to Walmart and Perkins on Friday night, and I got a new organizer for my desk, which I crammed in my suitcase to get back to my dorm. On Saturday, the couch was delivered, and then we saw In Her Shoes at Marple movie theatre and ate out at Ms. Marty's. On Sunday, I rented The Wedding Date and Hitch and watched those and Desperate Housewives with my parents. Then, on Monday, I went to this neat burger joint with my dad and then came home. It was a fun trip back, but I'm also glad to be back in New York City. I feel settled in here.

I got an email as soon as I got back that I can see Sweeney Todd and The Light in the Piazza for $10 each, so I think I'm going to take advantage of that offer. Yippee!

I read a lot of Whitman's Leaves of Grass today. It's pretty good, but sort of confusing at times.

Night.

No comments: